Monday, November 3, 2014

Review | Origins Make A Difference Plus + Rejuvenating moisturizer




Origins Make A Difference Plus + Rejuvenating moisturizer - $51

I've become quite the Origins junky, so it seems only fitting that my first post would be about an Origins product. The Origins Make A Difference Plus + Rejuvenating moisturizer has quickly become a favourite moisturizer of mine. My skin is all kinds of problematic - dry, dehydrated, blemish-prone, sensitive, yet this moisturizer seems to easily tackle it all while being calming and gentle on the skin. Origin's claims it's formulated to "moisturize and repair dry, dehydrated skin" and I'd have to agree on that it delivers. It's formulated without all the nasties (parabens, sulfates, phthalates, mineral oil) and with rose of jericho lychee and watermelon (yum). 


It smells amazing, (like all Origins products) fresh, clean, and natural, not strong or overpowering. The texture made me doubtful that it would be moisturizing enough as it has a light almost gel-like texture, however it packs a surprisingly moisturizing punch that lasts throughout the day. It applies smoothly, and I'd say a little goes a long way although I have been guilty of slathering on a boat load in the evenings just because it feels so darn nice. It can look a little on the greasy side right after application but I find on me it sinks right in rather quickly and is great under makeup since it smooths over all the dry patches where makeup can tend to cling to and look obvious. If you have oily skin this may be too heavy, but I highly recommend it for dry-combination skin.


Particularly in the winter my skin becomes very dry making it as good a time as any to change up the ol' moisturizing routine. I've been using this in both morning and night after applying a serum (mornings followed by SPF of course). In the evenings I'll sometimes add a drop or two of face oil, these days its Fresh's Seaberry Moisturizing Facial Oil (more on that in a future post).  It's been over two weeks since I've started using this on a daily basis and I can say I have noticed a huge improvement in my skin, dry patches eliminated, and even post-acne marks look less noticeable.
I think it may just be time to try the rest of the Make a Difference range...

No comments:

Post a Comment