Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Review | Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour



Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour - $34

If you are looking for an easy to apply, fool-proof, gorgeous eyeshadow, look no further than Laura Mercier's Caviar Stick Eye Colour crayons. These are the first crayon-like eye shadow sticks that I've invested in, and at $34 each they aren't cheap. However, that can be forgiven when you take into account all the positives. Like, they come in a twist-up pencil format. These could not be easier to use. You literally swipe and blend with your finger, done. The creamy formula applies like a dream, none of that annoying fallout from powder shadows happening here. You can really build them up for a more full-on look or one swipe for a more subtle look. They're so compact which make them amazing for traveling and throwing in your purse or makeup bag, no brushes needed!

Swatches from left to right: Amethyst, Rose Gold

I've acquired two so far, Rose Gold (rosy gold shimmer) and Amethyst (soft mauve with pearl). Amethyst is absolutely gorgeous - it's the perfect purply/grey-brown mix with a slight hint of shimmer. Rose Gold is a very subtle pinky-champagne shade which makes it the perfect go to for a no-makeup makeup look, or as an all over base for layering.

I seriously doubted how these were going to last on my lids but they really stuck it out. The first time I used them I didn't use an eyeshadow primer as I wanted to test their lasting power on their own, and they held up amazingly throughout the day. Once they have been blended in they set and stay put, no creasing for hours, to my amazement. Applied over top of a eyeshadow primer the colour seems to be a tad more vibrant and tends to ward of the dreaded crease a smidge longer.

I've already got my eyes set on the rest of the range which is equally as lovely. Moonlight, a metallic champagne beige, is one I'm particularly lusting over...oh but then there's Cocoa - chocolate brown with bronze pearl...decisions, decisions...


What colours do you fancy from the range?

No comments:

Post a Comment